Recognizing the importance of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc. ("Company" hereinafter), MEDIROM affiliates (including MEDIROM subsidiaries etc. and the
companies listed in the "List of Group Member Companies" on the MEDIROM website), and franchisees that have concluded franchise agreements with MEDIROM and MEDIROM affiliates (referred to collectively as the "MEDIROM Group" hereinafter) hereby
pledge to comply with laws and regulations concerning information that can be used to identify customers, trading partners, and other parties ("personal information" hereinafter) and other applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, etc. with
Collection of personal information
- 1. Executives and employees of the Company and the MEDIROM Group and other related parties shall be made thoroughly aware of the importance of personal information and shall be subject to continual education, supervision, and review
- 2. In principle, personal information shall be collected only with the consent of the individual concerned.
- 3. The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall clearly specify the purposes of use of personal information within the scope necessary for business execution and shall collect, use, and provide personal information appropriately. Measures shall
be taken to ensure that personal information collected shall be used solely by the staff responsible within the scope necessary for business purposes, which shall not exceed the scope of the purposes of its collection, and is not used for
any other purpose.
- 4. The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall strive to keep personal information accurate and up to date, and to prevent cases such as unauthorized access to, loss of, damage to, unauthorized alteration of, or leakage of personal
information, as well as rectifying any such cases that may arise.
- 5. The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall respond swiftly to any inquiries, complaints, or requests for disclosure, etc. regarding personal information from the persons concerned thereby.
- 6. The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall handle personal information within the scope of the purposes of use indicated clearly to the individuals concerned. In addition, the Company and the MEDIROM Group shall not disclose or provide
personal information provided by the individuals concerned to any third party except when the individuals concerned have consented thereto, or there are other legitimate reasons for doing so.
- 7. The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall strive to establish, steadily implement, and maintain a privacy management system, and to improve it continually.
Established: April 1, 2016
Revised: April 26, 2018
MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc.
Handling of personal information
Purposes of use of customer information
- ・To provide information on the services and products handled by the Company and the MEDIROM Group
- ・To provide information on the services and related products offered by partners of the Company and MEDIROM affiliates
- ・To provide the services of the Company and the MEDIROM Group, sell products, and send products
- ・To bill for charges related to use of services from and sale of products by the Company and the MEDIROM Group
- ・To conduct surveys to help improve the quality of services handled by the Company and the MEDIROM Group
- ・As necessary for user authentication and identification of individual users in cases such as when logging in to members-only services provided by the Company and the MEDIROM Group
- ・For conducting product development, marketing, sales activities, and statistical analysis by the Company and the MEDIROM Group
- ・To provide related services and notifications incidental to the above purposes
- ・To respond to inquiries, requests, etc. from customers
Purposes of use of information on parties related to trading partners
- ・To carry out services under contract between the Company and the MEDIROM Group and their trading partners
- ・To respond to inquiries from customers
- ・For business-related communications
- ・To exchange information and goods
- ・To introduce parties related to trading partners to (third-party) trading partners of the Company and the MEDIROM Group
Purposes of use of job applicant information
- ・To inform applicants of dates and times of interviews, results of screening, etc. in connection with employment screening
- ・As information for use in screening to determine whether or not applicants are suited to the jobs applied for
- ・As basic information for management of registered information as necessary for human-resources registration after hiring decisions
Purposes of use of employee information
- ・Human-resources and labor management (including human-resources evaluations, placement [including secondment and transfer], training, and hiring)
- ・Wage management (including decisions on salaries and lump-sum payments, and payment of retirement benefits)
- ・Health management (including health checkups and health guidance)
- ・Welfare benefits (including asset-building savings and discounts on Company products)
- ・Security management (including crime prevention, disaster prevention, system authentication, and occupational safety and health management)
- ・Business administration (including business communications, preparation of various reports, and posting to groupware, etc.)
In the event that there is a need to use personal information beyond the extent of the purposes of use indicated or announced in advance, the individual concerned or other related party
shall be notified of such fact and his or her consent obtained prior to such use.
Prohibition of collection, etc. of sensitive information
Personal information that contains the following content shall not be collected, used, or provided.
- ・Matters concerning ideology, creed, or religion
- ・Matters concerning race, ethnicity, family origin, domicile of origin (not including information concerning the prefecture in which it is located), physical or mental disability, criminal record, or other matters that could lead to social
- ・Matters related to exercise of workers' right to organize, collective bargaining, or other collective action
- ・Matters related to participation in group demonstrations, exercise of right to petition, or exercise of other political rights
- ・Matters related to medical care covered by health insurance or sexual activities
Management of personal information
The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall appoint personal information managers and make their roles clear, maintaining an environment in which the manager can carry out activities related to the protection of
personal information appropriately.
Provision and entrustment of personal information to third parties
The Company and the MEDIROM Group shall not disclose or provide personal information collected to any third parties except in the following cases:
- ・With the consent of the individual concerned
- ・Pursuant to laws and regulations
- ・When necessary to protect human life, health, or property, and it would be difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned
- ・When entrusting the handling of personal information to another party within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use
- ・In cases of succession of business due to merger, spinoff, transfer of business, or other reason
Joint use of personal information
The Company may use personal information jointly within the MEDIROM Group for the purposes of general provision of services by the Company and the MEDIROM Group.
- ・Scope of joint users
MEDIROM, MEDIROM affiliates, and franchisees under contract with MEDIROM and MEDIROM affiliates
- ・Items of personal information used jointly
Name, address, telephone no., email address
- ・Purposes of joint use
Providing information on various promotional campaigns, products, and services, and responding to comments and inquiries
- ・Person responsible for management of personal information
16F, Tradepia Odaiba, 2-3-1 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo
MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc. Privacy Contact Point
Optional nature of provision of personal information
Please understand that while provision of personal information is optional, failure to provide the necessary items of information could make it impossible to respond to inquiries, provide services, etc.
Disclosure, etc. of personal information
The Company and the MEDIROM Group will respond to the following requests regarding personal information subject to disclosure (the scope of purposes of use of personal information). Please direct any such requests
to the MEDIROM Privacy Contact Point.
- ・Requests for notification of purposes of use
- ・Requests for disclosure
- ・Requests for correction of content
- ・Requests for addition or deletion
- ・Requests for suspension of use
- ・Requests for suspension of provision to third parties
In principle, requests should be made by the individual concerned by the personal information. In some cases, depending on the content of personal information requests regarding the personal information of persons
aged 18 and under must be made by their guardians or similar parties.
Use of Google Analytics
Collection of access logs by the Company
Google Analytics is used for analysis. Google Analytics and cookies are used to collect logs that do not include any personally identifying information.
Logs collected are managed based on Google's privacy
Inquiries concerning personal information
- ・MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc. Privacy Contact
Established: April 1, 2016
Revised: September 21, 2016
Last revised: April 26, 2018
MEDIROM Healthcare Technologies Inc.